Wednesday, July 30, 2008

She's so artsy.

While there are plenty of other things I should be doing, I've been spending endless hours checking out artists on the ol' interwebs. A few of my picks follow:

Myke Amend. Dark, creepy, gothic, and totally unexpected from me, I know. I like it. I am drawn to art that makes me uncomfortable. My favorite is "The Rescue". It's very... Aldous Huxley?


Bailey Saliwanchik. Not only do her paintings remind me of the beautiful, wonderful women in my life, but her work is full of feeling. From her artist statement, "Her playful portrayals of traditional female archetypes reflect on themes of spirituality, sexuality, beauty, and a gentle relationship with nature." This woman would paint my portrait. In fact, I think she already has:


Strangely Drawn/Jim Hance. Just plain entertaining. His work is fun and clever. Check out the website if only to keep yourself entertained for a bit.


That's all for now. More to come soon.

No comments: